Anyone that knows me knows that I love all things junk when it comes to food. My niece, Lauren is the same. She could be my daughter (*shudders*) food-wise. Haha. Anyway I was hanging in the kitchen with Monica in Melbourne and rummaged through her pantry, which by the way are stuffed full of food. She's preparing for the day the supermarkets run out of food, you see. Boxes and boxes of jellies, cereals, fruit juices, chips, chocolates, biscuits, sauces, evaporated milk, UHT milk, you name it. She has it in multiples.
So anyway I took out a bag of biscuits and stuck my hand into the cellophane bag to get some and pop them in my mouth. Straightaway I heard Lauren get up from the couch in the other room. So I quickly put the bag back and closed the door. The little minx came up to me with a mischievous look on her face.
Lauren: What are you doing??
Me: Nothing!!
Lauren: Open your mouth.
Me: *Open my mouth (hid the biscuit under my tongue)*
Lauren: Hmmm, poke out your tongue!
Me: *BUSTED!!*
Lauren with a smartass knowing look: Give me some too.
This exchange happened way too many times involving different variations of food throughout my stay - biscuits, chocolates, chippies. *hangs head in shame*
Actually come to think of it, Logan used to be the same. His frequent question for me was : What are you eating, Ee Ee??
No comments:
Post a Comment