When it comes to baking, I have this system. I would print off recipes on scraps of paper of things that I stumble across on the net and when I finally feel like it, I would make it. If I don't like it, the recipe gets binned. If I love it, the recipe gets copied into my pretty recipe book permanently.
The collection of scraps of paper I have lying around has grown ridiculously over the last few months. I have now got a thick wad of folded A4 papers in my bag that I lug all over the place. Just because you never know when the mood might strike - be it food shopping for ingredients at the supermarket or hanging out at a mate's place and the need to bake strikes!
Anyhooo I've decided I need to get rid of all these papers so recently I've made:
* Chocolate Chips Cookies with bacon ... so good! Photos to come.
* Avocado Cake ... not so good, it tasted like avocado. Duh! Recipe binned. Yay one down!
Last night, I made these so-called Best Chocolate Brownies ever! They aren't bad but I don't know if I would have been so bold as to call them the best ever. Oh well. I'm actually not that much of a pure chocolate dessert person. Chocolates themselves, sure. Something fruity covered with chocolate sauce, I am so there. But pure chocolate chocolate dessert? Meh.
So anyway, these aren't going into the recipe book. But still good. I've also recently discovered a combination that is a match made in heaven! Decadent moist and slightly warm dessert with a dollop of tangy greek yoghurt. S.O G.O.O.D and healthier than ice cream! Next up, lemon squares!
How you doing??
No comments:
Post a Comment