Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I Have Failed You, Dear Readers....

It has been nearly 3 months since I last blogged and a heck of a lot of adventures have happened since then. But London is too gorgeous and I am too overwhelmed to take any photos which explained the lack of photos. Now that I am a bit more blase about the whole place I will start blogging again. I will ease myself into it with this fluff piece about a visit to Marco Pierre White's steakhouse at Bishopgate. 

I saw a voucher (yes my love for vouchers is still alive and kicking even in London) for a £24.50 three course meal and jumped on it with Damon. Here's the dude himself - he trained Gordon Ramsey and Curtis Stone and was the youngest ever to be awarded 3 Michelin stars during his time.

I forgot to check if I had my vouchers and somehow I had lost them so it was a mad scramble to get to an internet cafe to print them out AND still make my 6.30 pm reservation.

The restaurant was quite small and the tables and chairs were all arranged very efficiently which is just my polite way of saying I could have leaned over and grabbed food off a neighbour's table.

We started off with a bellini.

First course was Gravadlax with mustard sauce... basically salmon sashimi. Very fresh, very yum.

Second course had to be the 10 oz ribeye steak with grilled mushroom and roast tomato, served with bearnaise sauce. It was melt-in-your-mouth soft and cooked to perfection.

We also got some sides of beans and potatoes because I need my veges.

Damon's dessert - warm rice pudding. Not a fan of the texture so I didn't try it.

My dessert was the sticky toffee pudding. Unfortunately, it wasn't moist enough. I can and have made better ones. Ha!

Next up, Paris. I promise.

No comments: