Friday, May 1, 2009

Birthday Traditions

Growing up, birthdays were always occasions to be celebrated. With 2 adults and 6 kids in the family, we are talking about a LOT of cake especially since Mum used to get them custom made and they were always at least a pound heavy..... *cough* childhood obesity *cough*.

Mum always cook a big pot of chicken soup for the birthday breakfast. She makes THE best chicken soup hands down. I tried once, following her clear recipe (bit of ginger, bit of this, bit of that...) and failed. It tasted like chicken water. Urgh.

Noodles, hard boiled egg, succulent chicken drumstick, chicken soup.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo goood.


We always have a cake. I chose my Hello Kitty chocolate cake and I felt the judgemental stare of the cashier when I paid for it.


I can't remember the last time I celebrated my birthday with the parents so it was great.


Happy 25th!!! Yes 25th. Shaddup.

No comments: