Thursday, May 28, 2009

Life as An Unemployed Bum

Auckland on a glorious sunny day is unbeatable.

These shots were taken from the deck outside of Marty's work when I went to see him:





Shot of Rangitoto Island on a different day... sunny day, NZ Natural Ice Cream... meh, who cares if I'm unemployed.... apart from my credit card company, but that's a totally different story:

Now, being an unemployed bum is very stressful so you need lots of pampering. So I booked myself in for a 2.5 hour massage session at Bliss Reflexology... if you can call being pummelled by a tiny Asian woman for a long excruciating 150 minutes relaxing... She had surprisingly strong fingers that felt like drills on my soft back.

Relaxing atmosphere with soft lighting and seethroughy curtains:

Checked out the bathroom and it had a couple of funny Asian art on the wall. This was a model of the cup they used to drink out of in Ancient China times. By they, I mean the rich folks... or so I learned from the millions of hours I spent watching asian tv as a child:

This one was of the calligraphy tools they used:

The basin was a giant asian bowl:

My very own torture chamber:


Feet about to be pampered:

Afterwards, I went off to get one of my favourite asian dessert : Shau Sien Chau - warm grass jelly with dumplings and peanuts. Yum yum. Monica and I had this after our horrible climb up thousands of steps to a temple in Taiwan years ago. We still haven't forgiven you for that, Haz.

Yum!

So there you have it. Please keep me in your prayers. It is a hard life I'm having!

No comments: