First up, I had the "snow-skin" taro paste mooncake... snow skin because it's eaten cold and the pastry is not baked...
Innards shot with the rich salty egg yolk... this was alright, the taro was fragrant.
Next up, I had the traditional baked pastry with red bean filling.. Yum, I can never say no to red bean. An oldie but definitely a goodie. Probably my favourite out of the lot. What can I say? Deep down, I'm a girl with simple tastes.... deep deeeeeeeep down.
My boss's dad makes mooncakes so he's been bringing them to work to share with us. Check out my favourite cup at work in the background. I pretend I'm drinking beer far far away from work when I drink out of this cup. Not that I drink beer in real life. Fantasy, people!
Pastry was a bit too crunchy for mooncakes but it's a DIY mooncake so I was happy enough chomping down on it.
This was your run-of-the-mill baked pastry lotus filling mooncake with a single egg yolk. Way too oily. Didn't like it at all. It came in a cute little box though as you can kinda see in the background.
Now you might ask yourself, What happened to the obligatory sliver on the side of the mooncake? I'll tell you what. After dinner I said to Viv, hey shall we cut open the Japanese potato snow skin mooncake with custard? She then confessed that she had already had some earlier that day!! To add insult to injury, she cut it really messily so it looked darn unattractive... sigh. Anyway, I've decided I'm really not a fan of snow skin. I prefer more traditional mooncakes. The custard lent a really European dessert feel to the mooncake. Me no likey.
This was Raspberry and Blueberry Snowskin mooncake. I was going to cut into this tomorrow but then I thought I better do it now while it was still perfect... or Viv might decide to cut into it while she was sitting at home tomorrow... bahahaha... this was nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment