
Funny story that happened the other day...
Both of my older sisters have an unhealthy obsession with Sid Dicken tiles... not just any Sid Dicken tiles either, retired ones thank you very much. Apparently, there's some very obscure investment value in them. Hey whatever works. That's what I tell myself too when I hand over my credit card to buy designer handbags. Haha.
Anyhoo, Monica emailed me and said SD has retired some of his tiles and to inform her if Smithys has a sale because they stock SD. Now amazingly enough, there was a cardholders' VIP 20% off that night. I replied and said nah no sale sorry. Background : Monica lives in Melbourne. Anytime she sends instructions to help her buy stuff is bad news for my arm muscles when it comes time to travel to Melbourne. But damn my conscience, I confessed an hour later. So she sent me a list of 6 tiles to buy.
I printed off the email complete with printshots of what the tiles look like and battled peak hour traffic and a front the size of Australia which was passing through NZ to get to Smithy in time to buy these frivolous tiles. Monica gave me these explicit instructions - make sure they are perfect or get new ones ordered in. Now SD tiles all have that antiquey broken look to them so how am I supposed to know if that is a flaw or deliberate? The salesgirl went off to find the remaining 3 while leaving me 3 to inspect. I decided they all looked the same to me and frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. Haha.
The saleslady came back and told me she'll have to order the other 3 as they don't have them in stock. I said to her, would you mind terribly ordering all 6? These are for my sister and she is super picky. The saleslady immediately pointed to the sender's email address on the piece of paper and said "Is this her?". I said yes. She said oh I know her (with this stricken and fearful look on her face.. ok I kid), ok ok I'll order them in.
To be fair, i think she is thinking of Mel as Monica has the same initials as Mel. Haha.. Dr Hii's fearful reputation precedes her once again.
PS: Lin and Here, is the pic above the equivalent of porn for the two of you? heheh...
No comments:
Post a Comment