True story:
Bribed my Sunday School kids with Smiggle stuff yesterday as they've been coming to classes regularly. It's like a cult - the more often you come, the more approval you get. I kid I kid. Jeeez.
Anyhoo, the kids' eyes lit up like Christmas as Smiggle stationery is to kids what crazy high heels are to me. One of them declared - You are the best Sunday School teacher. The other girl nodded along (and why wouldn't she? I really do rock!). Or maaaaybe it's because I bribe them regularly with Smiggle, chippies, lollies and hot chocolates. But that's just a small possibility. Don't judge me! You try keeping 6 10-year-olds under control in a tiny room for 40 minutes.
The newest recruit, a girl I babysit every now and then and one I've known since she was in her Mummy's tummy (drats now I feel old!!) piped up with : "She's the best babysitter too". I was busy backpatting myself so i nearly missed the rest of her sentence..... "she just sits there and play with her phone". Lies!! I also boss them into finishing their dinners. Mwahaha.
No comments:
Post a Comment