Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sydney Part III - The Gluttony Continues..

Went to a boutique brewery pub with work people one night and they were offering a mini degustation in honour of Oktoberfest.

Last weekend in Sydney before I head back to Auckland so I headed off to my usual hangout place aka free WIFI in Westfield Pitt St!! Din Tai Fung had an outlet here too.

But I only had eyes for Charlie & Co, Justin North's burger restaurant.

The menu has the look of a newspaper.


Helloooo Wagyu Beef burger.

Juicy.

Next up, dessert at Meet Fresh (again).

Loads of people were queuing up for it too.

Waiting for the buzzer to go off:

Dessert at "home":

Next day, I caught up with my mate from high school, Lee Wee and his wife. We went off to Bills at Surry Hills. We saw Carrey Mulligan while waiting for a table!! She is teeny tiny and gorgeous.

Bills is exactly as I remembered it from my last visit a few years ago. It was packed to the gills and we were seated at the long communal table.

Zucchini fries

LW's wife got the famous corn fritters:

LW got the big breakfast:

It was gonna be a long day food-wise so I got the scrambled eggs. It may sound healthy but don't be fooled. Bills' scrambled eggs are made with CREAM! So good, so creamy.

Next up, we hit up Adriano Zumbo!!!!! *swoon*

The kitchen was still busy even though we were there quite late in the day. Check out the macaron tower ready to be boxed.






I got the citron tart for myself and a dozen macarons for Viv. Nice but much like other citron tarts I've had to be honest. He's opened up a dessert-train restaurant (like sushi-train) so I gotta try it out if I go to Sydney again.



I was so stuffed that dinner was just something easy and not worth taking any photos of. Jumping on the plane back to Auckland on Sunday but not before one last visit to Mama Chu for breakkie.

Soyabean milk. pork floss flaky bread, beef noodles, char siew bun, sour veges.




Seafood congee.

No comments: