I had enough Enrich points for a business class ticket back to Auckland so I treated myself!
I was the only one in the business class area for the Sibu to Kuala Lumpur leg. That makes sense as it's only a 1.5 hour plane ride so it's not worth the price. The air hostess got me a drink, a blanket and some airhead fashion magazines the minute I sat down. Wohooooo.
Spot the plebs in cattle class... haha.
Lunch wasn't too impressive for business class but it was only the Sibu-KL leg so that's understandable.
It was going to be a day of over the top eating as usual so I paced myself by choosing the the fish option.
Prawns and mango salad
Because I was travelling business, I was allowed into MAS Golden Lounge. But the lounge in the main terminal was under repairs so I was directed to Air China's lounge. The facilities and food weren't too great so I left after a quick snack.
Awful spaghetti bolognaise
YUMMY Malaysian kuehs
I needed a shower so I jumped on the airbus to go to the other MAS Golden Lounge in another terminal. It was newly renovated and much much superior to Air China's lounge. Ummmm I had more Malaysian kuehs. As you do.........
Last but not least, an ice cream!!!!
Boarded the plane around 10 pm and I got to lord over everyone else by going in the special cordoned off business class lane. The lady guarding it tried to stop me actually and said general boarding was not ready yet. I used my snottiest voice and said Business Class.... hahaha, oh shuddup. I will fall back to earth and into cattle class soon enough. The KL Auckland leg was FULL so obviously everyone was earning way too much money. Again, I was given airhead magazines .... hmmmmmmm.
Remote control for the seat looked very forbidding but I figured it out discreetly hehehe.
Welcome drink of guava juice and deluxe nuts... no plain salted peanuts here, thank you very much.
It was dinner time soon enough and we were served the famous MAS awarding winning signature dish - satays for entree #1.
They were alright. To be honest, they've been so hyped up that I expected piping fresh satays with that smokey open air taste heheh. For reheats, they were pretty good.
Entree #2: Pppered seared tuna loin with a horseradish cream sauce served in a cucumber pot. Very spicy and a tad overcooked fish.
I chose Stir fried hunan beef with e-fu noodles for my main even though I was stuffed. I have a blogging job to do, ok??? I only managed to eat a few mouthfuls and when the air hostess came to clear the table, she was concerned and asked if it was ok. I explained that I was full and she said if I didn't like it, she was happy to get me a different main!!!!!!!!! I guess that's why you pay an additional $XXXXXXXXX to fly business. Service!
The other main choices were the chef's recommendation - braised beef rib in gravy with garlic mashed potatoes, roasted veges and glazed apple (which my neighbour had), chicken biryani or pan fried silver cod with saffron potatoes.
Dessert was a rhubarb and apple crumble with creme anglaise. It was a tad dry.
I watched Man on The Ledge to amuse myself throughout the loooooong dinner service.
I was intrigued by the hot beverage menu because it included teh tarik!!!!! So I ordered it to go with my dessert. It wasn't bad... quite bubbly due to a hand mixer probably.
Nighty night.
I managed a decent 3 hour nap and then I watched some movie by Denzel Washington and my future husband, Ryan Reynolds. Breakfast was then served. We eased into it with muesli and fresh fruits.
.... and a croissant..
I chose the chef's recommendation - scrambled egg with chicken sausage, anna potato, grilled tomato and grated cheese. The scrambled egg was soooooooooooo fluffy and buttery!!! Not the usual cardboardy eggs that have taken on the square shape of the plate they came in hehehehe,
Landed and it was a breeze getting out of the airport even though I had millions of boxes stuffed with baby clothing. I love my NZ passport. I didn't eat for the rest of the day..... much. Five days in NZ and they were all jam packed with activities. More to come on that.
I kicked start the madness by cooking chicken soup for the pregnant ladies....
.... and Isaac.
No comments:
Post a Comment