Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Vegas: Day 2

We started our second day in Vegas by getting breakfast in the foodcourt next to our hotel lobby.

I decided to have good o' Mackers and obviously I had to choose something that was completely new to me - McGriddles. I nearly chose biscuits but the mcgriddles won. Funny story - when we were young, we had a highly anticipated family holiday in Singapore. Back then we were country mice. I know, hard to believe huh? So we were super excited about the big smoke AND McDonalds because Sibu didn't have McDonalds back then. They already had the breakfast menu back then and biscuits were on the menu. I remembered waking up late one morning and Mum and Dad had gone out but before they left, they bought us takeaway McDonalds brekkie. By the time I woke up, breakfast menu was over so I ate my biscuit and my hash brown. I wanted more hash brown so I jumped up and down on the hotel bed chanting I want hashbrown.. over and over again. Charming, I know.

Anyway back to the mcgriddles.... the only thing good about it was the M tattooed onto it. Basically it is a sweet and salty version of the sausage mcmuffin. 

See those bits in the bread? That's maple syrup.

There were pokies even in the food area.



Damon got seduced by the deal or no deal pokies. Settle down, Ray Ray!

He got to the point where he could choose a case and he chose 7.


He got down to only 3 cases and the banker offered him 445 cents, i.e $4.45.

He didn't back himself and took the deal. It turned out that he did have the 1,000. Bahahah. Anyway there was then a chance to double or nothing his winnings. He tried to double and lose it all. Ok, it was my advice. Shuddup.

We discovered a free tram that shuttled between our hotel, Aria and Bellagio so we went to try it out. Damon was enroute to Rio for his day of poker tournaments so he wanted to get out at Bellagio and hail a taxi to Rio to minimise the taxi fare.


Shot of our hotel's pool from the rooftop tram stop.

We got to Bellagio and it was obvious a more expensive hotel than ours because we were greeted by this amazing patisserie.

These were cakes!!!!!

Check out the ceiling to floor chocolation fountain....

Certainly took the phrase Dark, Milk or White to another level.


There was also a garden in the middle with over the top amazing flowers and decorations.






This was the lobby... we walked past here a few times during our stay and every single time there were many many long queues waiting to either check in or out. Ah the life of the rich and famous.

We then headed outside as the queue of people waiting to hail a taxi was very long at Bellagio so we thought we would try our luck at the nearby Caesar Palace. We were in time for Bellagio's famous musical fountain display




 Random ugly Hello Kitty standing near the fountain.

Right opposite Bellagio - Paris.

Such an amazing day... every day was like this.


 Gordon Ramsey just opened a steak restaurant in Paris.

We walked to Caesar Palace in the sweltering heat and Damon left in a taxi.


 Is this meant to be a replica of the Trevi fountain?? If so, I didn't throw a coin in which meant I won't be returning to Vegas.. heheh.


Fake David...

Vegas is full of these structures. I concluded that everything has to involve flowing water.



Anyway the shops in Caesar was good and I spent 1.5 hours in Sephora going mental trying on and buying makeup.

After that, I walked back towards my hotel and walked past Harrah's casino.

 I also walked past Flamingo which is where Donny and Marie were holding their nightly concerts. Damon did not want to go see them. Funny that.

Typical Vegas fashion.

Loads of impersonators of famous actors or movie characters lined the streets in Vegas. You have to tip them to take their photos. Just for you Ah Here. 


I jumped back on the tram but got off at Aria, the newest mall in Vegas. It was full of branded designers.. none of which I could buy so I left pretty quickly.

My hotel..

I then wandered along the strip opposite my hotel.

Went to the coke store where all things coke were sold.

 Anything you can think of, had the coke icon slapped onto it.


Coke handbags?


Same thing at the M&M store.


Andrew would love these.


WALLS OF M&MS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



I love the humour of M&M's ads.



 Daytime shots of the strip



Damon unfortunately lost and came back early. So we went to Aria in search of food. The restaurants there were expensive so we didn't eat there... but I did come across another expensive patisserie with awesome displays of sweets.

This dragon made entirely of chocolate was AMAZING.







On the way back to the foodcourt at our hotel, we saw this lady. I kept wanting to take her photos but she ended up behind us so I couldn't do it. But she decided to speed ahead of us, therefore basically begging me to take her photo. So I did. Enjoy.

Dinner was one of these omnipresent alcoholic slushie - Mango Mojito... except the thing is all ice so there was no alcoholic taste at all. Just the way I like them.
 Shop behind me sold all things candy-related. Sigh.... my kind of shop.

I rounded off dinner with a slice of pizza. I like my pizza plain where possible.

No comments: