Mel's in-laws were up visiting and wanted to have dinner with the parental units as they haven't seen each other since Mel's wedding which was a long long long long time ago. So Mel bribed me into going by booking a table at Empress Garden, THE place for peking duck in Auckland. I see through your ploy, Mel!! I'm happy to be manipulated bahahahaha.
So so crispy and juicy. Unfortunately, the lighting in the restaurant was AWFUL.... so my photos are not good.
Because of the royal pregnancy, Mel had to have her duck pieces microwaved. She told the waitress in her crap chinese to microwave it for 40 minutes... haha I quickly chimed in and said she meant 40 seconds.
Helloooooo, sexy.
Second dish was the usual stir-fried duck meat with veges....
But the twist was that instead of lettuce cups, you get these pita bread like sesame bread casings. SO GOOD! Genius.
Oh my love... how i have missed thee. Mel knows I am missing kingdo spareribs so she ordered this for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment