Dad timed the visit well and got to spend his birthday in London with yours truly. First one in 36 years.We may be in a foreign land but traditions had to be observed. No self-respecting Hii lets a birthday go past without eating a certain meal.
YUM... cooked by Mum obviously.
After that, we took the tube to Knightstbridge where all the pricey stores are... it was Dad's birthday after all so it was his day hehe.
We went to Harrods and marvelled at the interiors. Parents had fun posing in the food hall and we walked down the Eygptian escalators. I forgot to take photos. Duh. After that, it started pouring down with rain so we went into a cafe for something that is quintessentially English - afternoon tea.
The spread was only for 2 people and I really can't see how two people could finish everything off and not explode.
Apart from the three tiered sweets, there was also a side platter of mini filled buns and canapes.
Top tier - chocolate mousse, white chocolate something or other.
Middle tier - macarons and other sweet tarts.
Bottom tier - scones and more little tarts.
After that, we wandered around aimlessly a bit more and then took the tube to Bayswater where we were having dinner with the gang. The restaurant is your typical London Asian restaurant where service is brusque and smiles are rare. They refused to let us sit at our table because the others weren't there yet.
I invited the gang along and so Damon, Victor and Bryonny came to have dinner with us to celebrate Dad's birthday.
Victor recommended the place and said the peking duck is good so we had
to get it. I'm sorry but the duck was nothing to write home about. I
shall be having good peking duck in exactly six months' time. Twice.
They also bought a cake and I gave them specific instructions on where to go to get it. I also 'suggested' what type of decorations they should get... so Victor got the cake shop to specially make one with two dogs on it. In hindsight, I should have said a pig and a dog.
Mum said one of the dogs turned into a girl dog when the candle stopper was left behind.
Hope you had a good birthday, Dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment