Thursday, December 31, 2009

Resolutions Time AGAIN!

Can you believe it? 2009 is officially over. Sigh, time really does fly and even more so the older you get.

My 2009's resolutions were:
1. Be more active. Being over 30 meant I can no longer stuff my body full of lollies and not suffer the consequences for it (although I do try!) and before I left NZ, I started getting into my weekly hike with Viv. Ok, I made it sound hardcore but the so-called hike is really just a walk somewhere in the Waitakere Ranges for an hour heheh. Hey, maybe I can do that famous 8 hour hike by Christmas 2009. Shuddup.
2. Try new things. I really want to try para gliding!!
3. Buy a house.... maybe... or more shoes heheh.

How did I do, you ask? Pretty miserably actually..... I'm still stuffing myself full 24/7. Although I guess I should be grateful that I'm not the size of a house considering I eat a scary amount of food daily with zero exercise. But then I do pound the pavement when I shop so that's intensive cardio! I did buy 3 exercise dvds recently in a bid to get fit. Does sitting on the couch while watching the guy say stuff like "Give me five more. You are looking good." count as exercise?

I did try para gliding in Thailand so that was pretty cool. Went to lots of new places with the parents in the first half of the year so that was tres cool. Started a new job in a new industry so i guess that counts as trying something new too.

Didn't buy a house but definitely bought lots of shoes!!

Time to make some new ones for 2010 so here goes~!!

2010 is the year to:
1. Reconnect with friends. I want to take trips down to Wellington and Christchurch to have a reunion with friends. Also, hopefully meet up with one of the earliest friends I met when I first came to NZ somewhere. She lives in Taiwan so we are gonna have to meet halfway somewhere.

2. Reconnect with my faith. I do feel like I've been a lazy Christian for the last few years so time to buckle down and get serious about it.

3. Reconnect with myself. I spend way too much time online shopping!! Gotta cut back and do something more beneficial.

There you have it. Here's to a new decade right in front of us. May we all live each day as if it is our last.

Happy 2010!

No comments: