Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Melbourne August 2011 Trip

I've been to Melbourne so many times that I didn't bother taking out my camera unless it was for something new this time around. This included photos of my nephew and niece!!! How terrible is that? Bad Auntie.

Monica modelling my big tub of Igloo pomegranate yoghurt with lychee. They didn't have slivered almonds. Drats. So yum.

How I <3 thee, o yoghurt.

Mel, Andrew and I caught a show in Melbourne this time around - Love Never Dies, the sequel to Phantom of the Opera. I didn't like POTO actually. Christine annoyed me a lot. She still did in Love Never Dies but the sets were so amazing that I could ignore her weak annoying personality most of the time. So good.

Anyway I digress. Mel decided to book a hotel room for the night we were in town for the show. So we got to wander around Melbourne City child-less. Ah bliss. I mean awww I miss them.

We walked past Lord of the Fries so I *had* to have some since it is apparently the best fries in Melbourne.

Verdict? Aussies are a sad bunch if this the best. It's just normal fries that you can get in any old dingy Kiwi fish and chips (chups???) shops. Meh.

After the show, we legged it to Chinatown for some late "supper". Mel kept saying we can have a late supper... probably fantasizing in her own head that she is this cool hip chick that has a full on night life, hence the need for late suppers.

We went to Supper Inn. Mel said it's a Melbourne institution. It was just some dingy old Chinese restaurant with inflated prices. Having said that, the food was pretty good.

Suckling pig... oh so yum.

Tofu and some type of protein casserole. A typical Hii must-order dish.

While wandering around town the next day, we walked past this joint and I decided to take some photos so the Kits can maybe replicate and sell in their shop. hehe.




We had breakfast and coffee in town. I had a coffee and a slice called Amour. Mel flirted with the aging Italian barista to get $5 knocked off the bill.

That was all, peeps.

The loot I got this time around?

I'm so proud of this! My gynormous 2.2kg of oyster sauce for AUD$7.50. Holy macaroni. It's NZD$5.50 for a 500 ml over here. SCORE.

The obligatory snacks for "Viv":


I brought back a box of macarons from Lindt. Viv ate most of these.

Giant nutella macaron.

Stuff I bought included a $20 pair of flats, super cheap Karen Walker Hi There cardis and a vintage dress.


Next up, Sydney.

No comments: