Saturday, September 10, 2011

Mel's Birthday Celebrations Part II

Mel had a birthday with her close friends at Two Fifteen Bistro. I helped Andrew organise the cake for it and decided at the last minute to go along to it so I can see her reaction to the cake. Heheh...

The gorgeous cake...

The gorgeous cake being butchered:


Entree Choice 1 - Golden flash fried squid with leaf salad and coriander aioli. I had this. Twas nice and juicy but I gave half to Andrew to conserve calories.

Entree Choice 2 - Creamy mushroom risotto with parmesan and truffle oil. Andrew had this. He lurves mushroom.

Entree Choice 3 - Terrine of pork, mushroom and pistachio with pear chutney and red wine reduction. Mel had this and I tried a bite. I always likened terrine to catfood aka jellymeat hehe. I know. I am all class. This wasn't jellymeat like at all. Just meaty.

Side - Fries... crispy and yummy.

Main Choice 1 - Market fish and prawn with herb risotto, salsa and baby leaf. I had this. The risotto was delicious! I always thought risotto was an inferior cousin of the chinese rice, all gross and gluggy. This was so nice! My bad.

Main Choice 2 - Confit duck leg with kumara mash, spinach, spiced apple compote and jus.

Main Choice 3 - Pink lamb shoulder rack with potato gratin, minted broad beans and jus. Andrew must have had this because it looked so pink, I think I heard it go Baaaaaaaa.

Dessert Choice 1 - Buttermilk pannacotta with raspberries and lavender crisp. Me no likey pannacotta.

Dessert Choice 2 - Sticky date pudding with vanilla ice cream and toffee sauce. Ooooh so good. If I could have, I would have picked up the plate and licked it clean.

Dessert Choice 3 - Italian fritoles with lemon curd and vanilla ice cream. Mel had this AND didn't finish it. I should have finished them off. Darn it whattawaste.

Was a great night. Thanks for inviting me. Oh hang on, I invited myself. Good job, me.

No comments: