Thursday, July 7, 2011

Birthday Dinner - Chicken Soup & Noodles

Didn't realise I forgot to post about my birthday dinner on the actual day. Mel suggested we go out for dinner but I just felt like some comfort food so I told the gang to come over and I'll cook my own dinner. Hehehe.

Ginger, Free range organic chicken drums, mushrooms and eggs are the must-have ingredients:

Frying up the ginger in sesame seed oil so they give off the most fragrant smell:

Browning the drums:

Then fill the pot up to the brim with water and throw the mushrooms in. Bring to boil and then simmer for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages:

Boil the eggs:

Get slave to peel the eggshells:

Voila... dinner is served.

Oh so good. It's not just my own inflated opinion of my cooking by the way. All the food were gobbled up by the hungry mob and I was left to do the dishes as well! How rude.

Bought myself this AH dress that I've been eyeing up in Melbourne.

Got a VIP gift bag because I am a VIP, daaaaarlings.

They've just changed their paperbags and color schemes and the design is tres adorable!

Inside the VIP bag, there was a full size MAC mascara and gift sizes of some other bits and bobs. There was also a AH heart shaped bag charm and one of their past season silk scarf.


I also asked the Sales Assistant prettily to give me a suit bag for my dress and she complied. Yay I have a suit bag for every past colour schemes they've had. Wohooo.

No comments: