Sunday, July 17, 2011

Whoopee Pies from The Caker

Whoopee pies are apparently the next BIG thing after cupcakes and macaroons so obviously I HAD to try them . I have been reading this Auckland baker's blog for a while now and she posted an entry saying she was making them for sale. So I jumped in and bought ummm .. a couple. I ordered half a dozen each of salted caramel and peanut butter. Yum! Jordan aka the baker was so sweet, she chucked in a few more for free. Great for my wallet, bad for my waistline.

Cuuuuttteeeeeee packaging.

Oh hello there, my little crumbly darlings. This was the salted caramel I think(!).



Whoopee pies are like a cross between a cake and a biscuit and look like a giant macaroon. They taste even better a few days' old, kinda like how spag bol and lasagne always taste better a few days later. All that yummy flavours needed a few days to soak through, I reckon.

Peanut butter ones....





I am pretty sure I ate half of these babies. Don't ask me which flavour I liked better. It would be like asking me which one of my nephew and nieces is my favourite. Shsssssh it's a secret. I can't tell you.

No comments: