Sunday, July 31, 2011

Mum and Dad's Visit in June 2011

Mum and Dad visited us in June as it was Isaac's first birthday on June 2nd. Some of the big milestones he experienced while Mum and Dad were here included:

Learning to crawl properly instead of the weird breastroke thing he was doing:

Smirking (well he knew how to do this all along actually):



Hoisting himself up with the help of nearby stationary objects:



Getting used to having photos taken by the paparazzi:

The boy has expensive food tastes. He takes after his Ee Ee:

Family photo on his birthday:

Extended family photo:

First taste of birthday cake (right before he swelled up like a balloon because he's allergic to eggs):

Eating baby yoghurt (which tastes like crap):

First ride at the mall (yes, it's moving Ah Here. People actually put coins in these things, believe it or not):


Check out his death grip haha:

Mum cooked up a huge feast on one of the last nights she was here. Well, actually she cooked up a feast every other night for a month but this was even more OTT than usual:

Must-have dish - siew york:

Yummilicious fried noodles with oodles of ingredients (see what I did there???? Logan should be so proud of me.):

Don't let this dish fool you. It is not just simply chicken. No no, that would be insulting to Mrs Hii's cooking abilities. This was crispy chicken with a bottom layer of taro. Oh so good.

Oven-grilled prawns with cheese:

Squid stuffed with fried rice. Mum was inspired after watching a Masterchef episode. Only inspiration I get when I watch Masterchef is the constant need to eat. Hmmmm....

I also surprised Mel with a cake. Ok, Mum forced me to and so I half-heartedly made a Banana and Nutella cake. Hehe poor Mel was surprised with a homemade cake... to add insult to injury, it wasn't iced AND there was a gigantic hole at the surface. Meh.

Check out the super trendy super chic not-at-all-gaudy candles haha:

Uncle Jayden torturing Isaac with his puppy-like affections as usual:

Isaac: You looking at me, kid?

Isaac: WTF?

While ugly, the cake was yum! Half of it was gone pretty much straightaway. Ok I ate 2/3 of it. Shaddup.

The parental units then headed off to Melbourne to be slaves to the two brats.

No comments: