Friday, July 15, 2011

Royal Easter Show + Dinner at The Mulberry

Back in Easter, I went to the Royal Easter Show with Damon. I haven't been since I was 16 on my birthday!! Verdict: Way overpriced and a waste of time. I did come home with bags of gourmet nuts that I bought from one of the food stands though so all is not lost!

Art exhibition:


Animal competitions:



What Mum must have felt like after popping out 6 kids in 12 years:

What Mum felt like while feeding Monica when she was a (big hungry) baby:

Kiddie rides:

Haha this reminded me of all the mind-numbing rides Monica had to go on with Lauren:


Then we headed out into the open where the adult rides and more importantly, where the FOOD were!!

Balloons......

Pony rides:

Rides galore:



Games that have been rigged so the most you'll ever get for your $5 and efforts is a $0.50 plastic junk. Probably.... carnies, don't sue me!



The obligatory ghost house/train:

I can never go past a Haunted House without thinking about the anecdote re Mel. She was in Singapore with Monica many many many maaaaaany moons ago when they decided to go to one. They got inside the front entrance and nothing had happened yet at that stage. Mel started screaming in the dark, closed her eyes and ran all the way to the exit. True story.

Anyway we were too cheapskate so we didn't go on any rides. We did stuff our faces with a giant bag of cotton floss candy and an overpriced hot dog though. After that we headed off to dinner at Mulberry as I got a good deal for a 2 course meal + a cocktail each. Yay for cheap daily deals.
Here's Damon with his girlie drink and my appletini.

Entree for Damon: Prawn cocktail

Mine was the pork belly... oh so good. Check out the thin crispy piece of crackling! Mopped the whole thing up. Yum!

Innards shot of ma pork belly:

I chose a healthier main : fish of some sort. Can't remember the details now but it was really good too. Nice and tender, flavoursome.

Damon's steak and mash:

We were big spenders so we got 2 sides too which weren't part of the (cheap) deal. Beans and mushrooms. They were ok.

I decided that dinner wasn't calorific enough so I got a cheesecake to share with Damon. I said share but really it was MINE. All mine. Twas good.

No comments: