Monday, May 21, 2012

Sibu: Day 13

It was a Sunday so the parents and I had breakkie together. We went to Uncle Dom which is another one of those trendy "free-wifi" new cafes but decorated so that it looked vintage.



I am tired of carbs carbs and more carbs so I got my next go-to breakfast option - yuen yan (milk tea + coffee) and kaya toast (easy on the butter!).

and another perennial favourite of mine - soft boiled eggs!!

..... only to be improved by soy sauce. yum!

The cafe is next to the slum area of Sibu... where the land is prone to flooding and the houses have been slowly sinking throughout the years.


Monica once said to Logan, that's the houses of people who didn't study hard when they are young. His answer? At least they have a house!

 Check out my new kicks.

After that, we went to Medan Mall for a wander - Andrew's most hated place in the world. I am happy to report that it is still the most boring place ever. At least Thomson Corner was still around.

I was going to get my watermelon ice but instead got seduced by buburchacha ice. *hangs head in shame*... i will be back!

Mum cooked us chicken soup and sor mee for dinner. Yummmmm.

No comments: