Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sibu: Day 16

Went to the market with Mum to get our breakfast. The market is a favourite place of mine because it provides endless fascinating entertainment and photo ops.

Even Sibu does vegetable packs now. The difference being it's only RM2 instead of NZD6 heheh.

Gigantic snow peas.

King of fruits - Durian.

Mum bought some sea snails...

Low-grade loi (another type of sea grub/snail)

Nice fat high quality loi

My nemesis, crabs.

Ah Here's eyes

Finally got to the food stalls.... wohooooooooo.


Super fresh crunchy delicious peanut pancakes.... sigh, so good.

Various kuih muih

Various deep fried goodness

Look at the fried bread coyly tempting me from within the plastic bag.

Ditto the pancakes... and yes I caved. I had to stuff one down my gob the minute the lady handed me the packages... heheh. All in the name of research for the sake of the blog.





Remember Ah here, I took every bite because you couldn't.

How awesome is this? Food porn at its best.

Because I had been eating so healthily all day, we went out for dinner at Paramount with family friends. This only meant one thing - stupid eating of epic proportions.

Hot plate crammed with goodies... 

That's soft-shelled crab in the background and yes, I had it. I popped two anti-histamine pills the minute I got home.


Boneless crispy chicken resting on a bed of coleslaw

Obligatory veges dish

Uen meh jiu Red Eye steamed fish that Mum brought from home. The texture was great... not too soft and not too chewy. Oh remind me to eat mar kah mackerel.

Mango duck in lettuce cups


Gynormous tiger prawns in a eggy curry sauce......

with buns to soak up the gravy!!!!

Nom nom nom... I had two.... bahahaha might as well not waste the anti-histamine pills, right?

Dessert unfortunately was not wor neh but melted ice cream sago soup....

No comments: