Breakfast today was at Wee Kee!! A chicken rice stall we used to frequent a lot when we were kids. See those black and yellow railings? That's next to the road and Dad would park on the road right in front of it (stuff the other motorists) and run in to get a few packets of newspaper-wrapped goodies for us.
We dined in which I don't think we've ever done. It was very dingy... the only thing going for it was the chicken rice stall obviously.
We got there just after they opened for business. It was around 11 am so obviously they were geared towards the lunchtime crowd.
Very high stack of plates, ready to be filled with chicken rice. I wonder if they have that many customers every day?
He's the son of the original owner. Now an Ah Pek too. Can anyone remember what the Dad looked like?
Some side dishes they sell to go with the chicken rice.
Gigantic tub of their famous (to the older Hii girls anyway) pickled cucumbers. I am happy to report they still taste the same and reminded me of childhood... sigh.
I ate way more than I was planning to. Darn it.
We also da pau dad's lunch. Sadly, it no longer comes wrapped in newspaper.
I was minding my own business and having an afternoon nap when the door buzzer sounded. Auntie Ai Hua came by to drop off some goodies. Chiew Yieng complained that there was no wor neh at dinner last night and asked her Mum to order some for both me and her the next day. Not sure how she knew I liked wor neh. Sigh.... so I HAD to eat some obviously.
ALL for me!
Eggy and gooey.... my two favourite things in an asian dessert. heheh.
Gasp! Mum bought my favourite veges from my childhood. I used to be able to just mix some of the soy sauce with rice and eat this with rice. So goooood.
Tasted and looked exactly the same. What a good day.
Hmmmm what's that peeking out ????
Little wee frogs.. The meat was so sweet and tender. Yum yum.
No comments:
Post a Comment